Developing and Maintaining Volunteer Programs
Based on our toolkit The Hidden Workforce, this training takes individuals through a structured process of understanding the steps necessary to build and maintain a successful volunteer program. Participants think through their organizational culture related to the use of volunteers, and explore the various roles volunteers can play within their organization. We move through the process of getting buy-in from organizational staff members to volunteer recruitment, management and retention. This can be one-hour or half-day training, or an all-day consultation resulting in a preliminary plan to set up your volunteer program.
What You’ll Learn
- The benefit to your organization of using volunteers
- How to structure a volunteer program that works for you
- Recruitment strategies that yield high-quality, high-commitment volunteers
- How to manage and retain volunteers
- How to evaluate volunteer performance and the effectiveness of your volunteer program